Canon Pixma Pro 1 - ink longevity

<p>Hi guys,</p>

<p>I bought one of these printers new a few months ago because it was too cheap to ignore. So far I have printed 10 A4 prints and 5 A3 prints and already I am getting warnings about low ink. I am hoping this is because a large quantity of ink may have been used when priming the system when the printer was turned on for the first time. The Canon rep told me I could expect around 200 A3 prints from a set of cartridges.</p>

<p>I understand that each time the printer is turned on it will use some ink. The Canon rep told me to leave it turned on permanently to avoid unnecessary ink wastage. I have done that. In fact the printer has never been switched off since the day I first switched it on.</p>

<p>Any advice from other Pixma Pro 1 owners?</p>

The set of inks that comes with a printer - in my experience as a reviewer that includes some Canons and some Epsons

- are starter cartridges , not full cartridges and even when they are full cartridges much of the ink is used to fill the lines and charge (fill

and test) the individual print nozzles. All this is a long way of saying that it is not uncommon to see a low ink warning

pretty quickly after setting up and starting to use a printer.