Canon photo 2018 #28 2018-07-12

jdebever

Someone could have warned me it's thursday again :)

As usual, up to 3 photos 1000 pixels max size.

I'm in print. Little Steven used 2 of my photo's for the "SoulFire Live" cd booklet.

The back of the booklet and the last 2 page spread. Both came from the Utrecht show last november.

i got a photopass for last week friday show in Amsterdam.

In most venues you are only allowed to photograph during the first 3 songs, but here with a band pass,

i was allowed the whole show. So now i have 1100 photos to sort.

And a good thing i had earplugs, after some 3 songs in the front, a walk around the venue, i ended up stage right,

and some girls left for the back, because they found the sound too loud.. So i ended up front row in front of the backgound singers.

So always wear earplugs to concerts! you might end up in the ideal spot for photos.

Here are 3 of them.

3guitars_IMG_2120_ps.jpg.59dc7696e3837a24a8c8ec7cdfa50ad4.jpg

zangeres_IMG_2213_ps.jpg.1e82bef8fddded7e1e6f3b5e271441e8.jpg

steven_IMG_6333_ps2.thumb.jpg.fa53ead3e81a05489e6d05598d792d03.jpg

first 2: 5d2, 70-200 2.8 Lis, last 40D with 18-55 stm kit lens!

Edited by jdebever
  • Like 5

Someone could have warned me it's thursday again :)

As usual, up to 3 photos 1000 pixels max size.

I'm in print. Little Steven used 2 of my photo's for the "SoulFire Live" cd booklet.

The back of the booklet and the last 2 page spread. Both came from the Utrecht show last november.

i got a photopass for last week friday show in Amsterdam.

In most venues you are only allowed to photograph during the first 3 songs, but here with a band pass,

i was allowed the whole show. So now i have 1100 photos to sort.

And a good thing i had earplugs, after some 3 songs in the front, a walk around the venue, i ended up stage right,

and some girls left for the back, because they found the sound too loud.. So i ended up front row in front of the backgound singers.

So always wear earplugs to concerts! you might end up in the ideal spot for photos.

Here are 3 of them.

[ATTACH=full]1253420[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1253421[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1253422[/ATTACH]

first 2: 5d2, 70-200 2.8 Lis, last 40D with 18-55 stm kit lens!

Awesome! That backup singer should buy that image from you.

[ATTACH=full]1253442[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1253443[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1253444[/ATTACH]

All great portraits.

[ATTACH=full]1253513[/ATTACH]

Wave Action

Murrell's Inlet, SC

5D3 - 70-200/2.8 (w/ 2x TC) - 400mm - f8 - 1/1600s - ISO 400

Perfect timing! Good job!

[ATTACH=full]1253520[/ATTACH]

Valiantly Overwatching

(Vultee BT-13)

5D3 - 70-200/2.8 - 200mm f8 1/1250s ISO100

Overwatching? For sharks, or is that just a reference to its role in wartime?

[ATTACH=full]1253525[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1253526[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1253527[/ATTACH]

What a cutie! I'm not familiar with that species of Conure. Was it in the wild or in captivity?

This couple has a very beautiful boat. It's a traditional boat on the Swedish west-coast called an open "snipa".

[ATTACH=full]1253605[/ATTACH]

70D 300 mm 4.0 Sigma

Gorgeous! Do you happen to know how snipa is pronounced? Would it be snipe-uh, sneep-uh, snip-uh, or something else?

Valiantly Overwatching

(Vultee BT-13)

In English, as in its cousin German, the preposition is actually part of the verb, so it can be combined in the way done here.

to watch over = to overwatch

NTIM

In English, as in its cousin German, the preposition is actually part of the verb, so it can be combined in the way done here.

NTIM

Did someone question his usage of the word, or are you pre-empting possible questions?

NTIM

Overwatching? For sharks, or is that just a reference to its role in wartime?

To be clear, The Vultee BT-13's name is "Valiant", and it was, among other aircraft, proceeding down the coast providing (or in my mind easily could have been ;) ) 'overwatch'. In reality, the Valiant was a trainer aircraft ONLY (and, as far as I am aware NEVER participated in actual combat - even in an overwatch or supporting role), during WW2, and had been retired long before common use of the term 'overwatch' was adopted in the 50s... please see Overwatch (military tactic) - Wikipedia (when I served, the term 'overwatch, or 'overwatching' unit were both used frequently) .... so, yes, that is a reference to a normal wartime role in it's altitude and flightpath

In a nutshell, I thought the term 'Valiantly Overwatching' was a reasonable title for the photo given both the subject, and the subject's behavior, and was a decent play on words ;) .

Edited by Marcus Ian
  • Like 1