Canon loyalty program

seragram

<p>You call them up, tell them what you have and they'll tell you if they have what you want at a discount price. I think the discounted items are usually refurbished products.</p>

<p>You give them a credit card number and they ship you the new/refurb camera along with a label to use when sending your old/broken one back to them.</p>

<p>I've used the program. It worked as advertised!</p>

<p>I just received a T2i under the CLP program. I have an XT which had hot shoe problems, and I was going to trade that in. But that would have been a mistake because even with a non-working shoe, the XT is worth perhaps $200. Sergio, even with a bad shutter or mirror, your 40D is worth good money even if only for parts, and in fact it would probably make economic sense to repair it.<br>

So I went to a local thrift store and bought an old Canon P&S film camera for $5, and traded THAT in. It just has to be ANY Canon camera that isn't working and is out of warranty. So go find a dead film camera, and keep your 40D. Trade in something that has essentially NO value, not a DSLR, even if broken.<br>

The T2i I received looked brand new. Looking at the body, I don't see any indication the camera had ever been used. I think it is possible to get a bad one under this program, but I think most people have a good experience. And you do save a good bit of money.</p>