Canon G10 images washed out when uploading to web?

goldoftime

<p>I recently took the G10 out for a trial run on vacation and I am a bit disappointed with the results. I shot all the images during the trip in JPG at Superfine level, usually at either 80/100 ISO since there was an ample amount of light when I was shooting. When I uploaded a few of the better pictures to the web without having made any color adjustments the colors look very washed out (images were uploaded to the National Geographic site where they want them right out of camera) -> gallery is here: http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/myshot/gallery/113934<br>

If anyone has experienced this or has any suggestions, I am all ears. I saw one similar complaint on amazon where someone who purchased the camera experienced issues with the washed out colors during uploading. Thanks.</p>

<p>This is a frequent complaint regardless of camera. All the posters have the following in common: (1) shoot JPEG and (2) do not have calibrated monitors. In addition, every browser -- much less every monitor -- shows colors differently.</p>

<p>For best results, shoot RAW, calibrate your monitor, and maximize the photo for web viewing. The difference is very noticable. BTW, you have some nice shots there but the colors do look a little flat.</p>

<p> </p>