Canon FD Photos of the Month: March 2022

Alex_Es

Yes but this image came from one of the rolls when the meter was off due to incorrect voltage. It was the only negative that was worth scanning and printing. I'm hoping that with the now correct 1.35 volts, new rolls will be rewarding. It sure is a fun camera to play with.
A book's a great place to hide out in - Trevanian

My Atomic FD 35/2.0 basks in solar radiation in order to reduce the affects of Thorium radiation. Go figure.

I did this several years ago and the yellow as expected came back, so a couple months ago I started to repeat the process. After only a couple of days I began thinking, why am I baking this relatively expensive, excellent condition lens in the sun just because it has a permanent K2 'filter' inside it? Could the heat cause any lubricants to start relocating? Do you shoot chromes any more? Why take a chance, so off the sill it came. Outstanding with B&W, and color negs just take one click and the yellow cast is gone.

EF with FL50/1.4 - Fuji Superia

1336801459_352.0.thumb.jpg.9e769c660fb2ec21acfc69d87fc0167b.jpg

• Like 5

I remember reading about that quite a while ago. Can't recall if it was UV-A or B. I do recall that the price of the lamp at the time put me off.

For the last year or so I've been shooting more B&W than color and will probably continue to do so, maybe even entirely.

• Like 1

Gaylord, Michigan.

How about some images of old growth white pines at Hartwick Pines State Park and some of Higgins Lake - my favorite lake in the whole world. Have you canoed the south branch of the Au Sable? It's like stepping back in time a a couple of centuries.

Edited by danac
  • Like 3

How about some images of old growth white pines at Hartwick Pines State Park and some of Higgins Lake - my favorite lake in the whole world. Have you canoed the south branch of the Au Sable? It's like stepping back in time a a couple of centuries.

One of Hartwick Pines, on infrared film. Not Canon FD, I believe I used a Canonet. Kodak HIE. Not sure if I have any of Higgin's Lake. I'll look. And I haven't canoed the south branch of the Ausable, but have done the main stream near Grayling and Mio.

51952170972_ed77b58d68_b.jpg

• Like 5

Wonderful! You must do the South Branch. Put in at Watter's Edge canoe livery near Roscommon. I occasionally spotted canoes for them back in the early '70s. It's so wild you'll see what the French voyageur fur trappers saw.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...