Canon FD Photos of the Month: January 2021

Alex_Es

From a few years back. The old train station in Detroit. Since I took this pic, Ford Motor Company bought the old station and is in the process of restoring it. Should be quite the impressive building once the restoration is finished. Taken with a Canon F-1. Probably a 50mm lens on Tri-X.

50790853803_77c34be25e_b.jpg

• Like 5

Jim: Detroit in the late '50s and early '60s was and will always be my favorite city. Since then it has become the absolute worst one. In Summers of long ago I often departed from that station for McKeesport, PA behind stunning blue and yellow Baltimore & Ohio F unit diesel locomotives. Edited by danac
  • Like 2
A book's a great place to hide out in - Trevanian

Jim: Detroit in the late '50s and early '60s was and will always be my favorite city. Since then it has become the absolute worst one. In Summers of long ago I often departed from that station for McKeesport, PA behind stunning blue and yellow Baltimore & Ohio F unit diesel locomotives.

I spent my kid/teenage years in the Detroit area (Dearborn) and left for the Upper Peninsula when I graduated from college in the mid-70's. I went back for family visits and the like, and would make the occasional visit to Tiger Stadium to catch a ball game. Detroit probably hit its low point in the 1970's, and has made a modest recovery since. My last visit to downtown, maybe two years ago, impressed me. I'm eager to tour the train station when the restoration is done next year. It looks to be magnificent.

• Like 2