Canon FD Photos of the Month: January 2018

Discussion in 'Canon FD' started by Alex_Es, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Thank you, Rick!
  2. Hoping to have some stuff to post up this week. I am struggling with the nearest film processor's work...his scans don't even capture the full image area and my careful cropping! And his prints look like they were rinsed in dirty dishwater. $$-=$%#%+!!!

It might be time to stop patronizing this outfit (through the local camera store) and just mail it to North Coast Photo in San Diego.
    Alex_Es likes this.
  3. The following are on a roll of Ektar 100 in the Canon T90, this one with an FD 135/2.5 SC

birdofparadise2018 copy.jpg
    Alex_Es and andy_szeto like this.
  4. The rest are with an FD 150-600 L, hand-held. Yep, it's possible!

My location is Surf Beach, west of Lompoc, California. The blue structure is Vandenberg AFB's Delta II launch site SLC-2W.

slc2wsurfbeach copy.jpg
    1975 Airman and Alex_Es like this.
  5. Amtrak southbound rolls into Surf station.

amtraksurfbeach copySMALL.jpg
    1975 Airman, andy_szeto and Alex_Es like this.
  6. A Delta IV-Medium lofts NROL-49 skyward from SLC-6, aka "Slick Six". My distance is ~6 miles.

nrol49b copy.jpg
    1975 Airman likes this.
  7. Go baby go! Hours of anticipation ends in about 60 seconds of excitement!

nrol49c copy.jpg
  8. Afterwards, all you've got is an autograph.

nrol49k copy.jpg
    1975 Airman, Alex_Es and andy_szeto like this.
  9. Rail operations are suspended during launch operations, but now a Surfliner continues its northbound journey.

amtraksurfbeach3 copy.jpg
  10. Don't forget to exercise your T90 TODAY!

amtraksurbeach2 copy.jpg
  11. Some dramatic photos of the rocket launch Rick. And to handhold a 150-600!

Love Ektar too.
  12. Jim, that thing is surprisingly well balanced and pretty okay in short handheld sessions. Focusing is trickier, but you can dangle a finger to adjust the focusing long as it's zoomed to its furthest forward position (600mm). Zoomed back, the wheel cannot be reached from a typical handheld position. A beastiful beauty and total keeper.