Canon FD Photo of the Month: February 2017

Discussion in 'Canon FD' started by alex_es, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Welcome again to the Canon FD forum! Last month was really good. So seasoned and new FD shooters please post your stuff. Note: we also accept FL and other pre-EOS Canon SLR cameras and lenses.
    I resolved to use Canon film cameras, not just FD lenses. Did it! I have a shot from Kobe's Chinatown and a picture of the Canon FTb + FD 50/3.5 Macro that I used.
    First Kobe Chinatown.
    00eLFd-567608884.jpg

likes this.
  2. Here is the camera that did it.
    00eLFe-567608984.jpg

likes this.
  3. Good Alex.....makes me wish I'd kept one of my pristine A1's
    Meanwhile, I've had the Canon FDn 17mm/4.0 out for a few sunsets...in this one the lake water was so calm it gave me a mirror image of everything.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

alex_es likes this.
  4. Thanks, Bill. A beautiful shot of the lake. Hoping it with inspire our regulars and newcomers to share their work!

likes this.
  5. Nice shot Bill.

and alex_es like this.
  6. Hopefully not to racy for this site.
    Canon F-1 (original) with FD 35/2.0 lens, probably at f5.6. Eastman 5222-XX film, in Xtol.
    [​IMG]

alex_es likes this.
  7. A fresh take on "birding", Jim! Good work.

alex_es likes this.
  8. Alex S. [​IMG], Feb 01, 2017; 09:43 a.m.
    Thanks, Bill. A beautiful shot of the lake. Hoping it with inspire our regulars and newcomers to share their work!

-------------
    Tim Carroll , Feb 02, 2017; 04:17 p.m.
    Nice shot Bill.

-------------

Really starting to wring out this FDn 17/4.0...seems pretty good...wish I'd picked it up a long time ago

alex_es likes this.
  9. Great shots so far, everyone!
    I didn't finished a film last month, so have dug up a couple of shots from 11 years ago in Sydney:
    00eLUF-567651084.jpg

and alex_es like this.
  10. The above shot is South Head lighthouse; the below is a familiar bridge from an unfamiliar angle:
    00eLUG-567651184.jpg

, alex_es and stephen_morris|3 like this.
  11. Whoops, sorry, the lens for both of the above should have read FD20mm/f2.8 SSC...!

Alex_Es likes this.
  12. Good shots.....
    And if you don't mind me asking...the horizon in the lighthouse photo looks pretty close to level, yet the lighthouse itself has an obvious tilt to it...curious if you recall the reason for it.

alex_es likes this.
  13. Thanks Bill - the "tilt" is just exaggerated vertical perspective from the FD20mm...I'm sure your 17mm would be even more dramatic if pointed upwards.

and alex_es like this.
  14. Okay, here's a shot I took with my Canon F-1N, 50mm Macro lens and an Ikelite strobe in an Ikelite housing. The shot was taken while scuba diving in the Clackamas River at High Rocks, near Gladstone, Oregon. I then scanned the photo and have used it several times. This is a Northern Pike Minnow, Ptychocheilus oregonensis, which had been hooked by a fisherman, but which had tangled the line in a rock on the bottom. The fisherman had broken the line, but the fish was still hooked. So I took its photo, then used my dive knife to release the fish.
    John
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    00eLV4-567654484.jpg

, alex_es and stephen_morris|3 like this.
  15. Great shots everyone. Urban landscapes, nature, a fish and a pretty girl. Not too racy at all Jim!

16. Ashley Brown, Feb 04, 2017; 12:35 a.m.
    "...just exaggerated vertical perspective from the FD20mm...

Thanks...wondered about that myself but not knowing the distance / angle, wasn't sure

Alex_Es likes this.
  17. I forgot to say that for my photo of the Northern Pike Minnow, the film was Ectachrome 100, and the lens setting on the 50mm Macro Lens was probably F-8 or F-5.6. The shutter speed was 1/60 second too.
    John

18. I totally hate this new form.

19. I totally hate this new format.

20. Ericsson Globe in Stockholm. Canon FD 200mm/2.8 SSC at f:3.5 and 1/160 at ISO 4000 on Sony A7 from my window.

FD 200mm 2.8 at 3.5 11 Nov 2016 (2).JPG

and alex_es like this.