Canon FD mount.F-A model

It has an FD mount, but it also has an extra-long mirror, which I think will foul many normal lenses. It's a version of the AE-1 (or maybe the AV-1) intended for ophthalmic examination; so it wasn't expected that you'd want infinity focus. I think all you can safely put on that mount is an extension tube or a bellows; then whatever FD lens you like.

See this old post at another forum: Canon FA

That also says the image in the VF is reversed and upside-down. Have fun!

• Like 1

I found a manual for the instrument, the CF60-ZA Fundus Camera, of which the camera is part (quite a small part!):

Canon Fundus Camera, Canon CF-60ZA eye camera, instruction manual, user manual, PDF manual, free manuals

.. at Mike Butkus' manuals site. As usual, if the manual is useful to you, it's nice to send a small contribution to help pay Mike's hosting costs. Anyhow, it looks like the CF60-ZA is quite a big thing, and this camera fastens to the rear of it. The lens is fitted to the front, and is a special thing, not a standard FD lens. The manual warns that the reflex mirror will break if you release it with an FD lens fitted! The instrument has limited data-imprint functions: you could have a serial number, or the duration of exposure in fluorescent photography, printed onto the corner of the picture. I guess the electrical contacts pass on control signals to the camera and winder, from controls on the instrument.

As noted, it is a specialized camera :

Canon FA Ophthalmologic Camera

Here is a chart of accessories for the A line in general from the day when...

767983462_A-seriescopy.thumb.JPG.0731f77456d780510a3f96ebc949a92d.JPG

many should work with the FA, so far as it is a FD-mount camera

Not including the F A