V.Pavlova

I bought my 1DX in 2015brand new. Used it very sparingly, camera had issues from the beginning: wouldn't turn on, shot slow- those were fixed by Canon, now in 2018 in July it had more issues: wouldn't talk to the lenses, not focusing, wouldn't record images, wouldn't let me review images.....took shots when shutter button wasn't pressed. Canon solved issues partly (after over $500 charge), had to send it back to them in September. In 2019 December had more problems: i sent it in again.They diagnosed shutter problems - a $335 repair.

Now the ODD part: Canon representative (David) informed me that it was strange that I put on the camera 380K shots between July and September. I laughed. There is NO way I've done that. I shot may be 2 thousand images ( and that is being generous!). Shutter count jumped from 20K to 400K. I had camera for years and had only 20K on it, and all of a sudden it has 400k. Well, that explained the shutter being worn out....

Had to make multiple calls to get a loaner and an update on my camera, and all this is while I'm aPlatinum CPS member. What are my options at this point? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Edited by V.Pavlova