Canon Extension Tube FD 25

jarrod_diermajer

Heyo!

I just got a Canon extension tube FD 25 coupled with my FD 50mm f/1.4 on my canon A-1 body. I've been playing around with it and have been having a really hard time trying to get sharp focus. I haven't developed any rolls yet so i'm unsure whether my focus has been accurate. most of my photos have been shot around f/5.6 - 11.

Does anyone have any tips for shooting macro on a film camera?

Cheers,

Jarrod

• Use a macro focusing rail and focus by altering subject distance. Don't use the lens for focusing.
  • Use a magnifier or an angle finder with magnification.
  • Close the eyepiece shutter when taking a picture. (This won't help with focus, though.)

• 3 weeks later...
Heyo!

I just got a Canon extension tube FD 25 coupled with my FD 50mm f/1.4 on my canon A-1 body. I've been playing around with it and have been having a really hard time trying to get sharp focus. I haven't developed any rolls yet so i'm unsure whether my focus has been accurate. most of my photos have been shot around f/5.6 - 11.

Does anyone have any tips for shooting macro on a film camera?

Cheers,

Jarrod

What distance are you trying to focus at? The extension tube is for close-up (macro) work. Only focuses at a distance of 3-4 inches or so, with just about no depth-of-field.

Any distance more than that and you cannot focus. Getting good focus at good distance is very delicate.