Canon EOS1D MarkIII power on??

clark_roberts

Hi all,

I purchased a EOS 1D Mark III camera off ebay at a great price price but it was a "as is"

no returns deals. So when I received it, it's in great condition new looking and upon further

inspection I found in certain areas had water demage, the button battery well gave it away

and spots behind the screen and viewfinder. Well I had nothing to loose so I removed the

rear panel and was surprised that there was not much water damage done, except for a

copper ground contact (which I cleaned off). I cleaned everything else that was there and

it looks good, closed it up. This morning I received a used battery from B&H and put it

in so here's the question, when I put the battery in I turned it on and heard the shutter click

the red light blinked but that was it, so if I get a charger and fully charge the battery would

the camera work fully, what are the chances??

Wow so after a lot of cleaning, I took the camera apart, removing the front and back panels I was able to get at what

was wrong with the camera. The circuit boards look great with no water damage at all the only thing was I remove

all the connections and a lot of them had the white matter on them (I guess from the water) and clean them all

off, once that was done the camera worked. It has a few hiccups but works great.

9I9I3570.thumb.jpg.33fb4a887a4252d61da6ee56c1bad989.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...