Canon EOS T2i

sophie_aljanabi

Hello guys! I need some help ;) I have a canon t2i that I love, but when it comes to taking pictures outside at night I don't know what

settings to have it on... Example: a picture of downtown from up the hill, night scenery... Or any other suggestions on how to set up a user

defined settings... I'm open to critics and suggestions! I have taken great pics with my canon go check it out in my library :)<div>00bFqA-514749584.thumb.jpg.835cbd335aaea11a47c4065023613cb2.jpg</div>

<p>While you are learning how to use your camera I suggest that you set it on auto ISO and 'P' mode. Use the exposure compensation to plus (+) or minus (-) to get the pictures to look like they are properly exposed. This may be all you ever need, but if you are interested in learning to be a better photographer pay attention to what the auto 'P' mode sets your T2i in different lighting situations. Read about exposure and other intricacies of photography to learn the whys of different lighting, aperture and shutter speed settings . As you learn more you may want to take more control of the photographic process to achieve the effect you want. The T2i is a very capable little camera. I use one myself for my 'small' camera. Good luck!</p>

<p>Hi Sophie</p>

<p>For night-time pictures you will most likely benefit from using a high ISO setting. Gil's suggestion of using P mode with auto ISO is good - the camera will increase the ISO as much as possible automatically. However to get even sharper pictures it would not hurt to keep the camera as steady as possible - either by using a tripod or holding it next or leaning onto a solid object like a wall, lamp post, etc.</p>

<p>Also your wide angle pictures at night will naturally turn out better than zoomed-in telephoto shots. This is because the later ones are likely to be shot at longer exposure due to smaller apertures and are more difficult to hand-hold steady</p>

<p>If you really want to understand what is going on, reading about the aperture/exposure time/ISO sensitivity triangle is a good place to start. This is a good tutorial<br /> http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/camera-exposure.htm</p>