Canon EOS T2I outputs 72 dpi only

gunjankv

<p>Tha answer is , DPI dosent count per say , in the shot it is what comes out of the camera that matters, you can change the DpI when editing and at defualt the dpi on a smaller sensor is 350 Dpi and you can set it at 500 no problem and have perfect photos, with 18 megs of photo to fool with the ability to crop and still have high DPI is above anything you might expect.</p>

While the Out of camera dpi default is fairly meaningless, you can change the default to whatever you wish at several

points in the processing. I have my RAW files set at 300 dpi as default, mainly because My final output is an Epson

printers. 72 is a good default if you mainly upload to web galleries like FB. You can change it automatically during

download, during processing in DPP, Aperture, etc. Just set preferences as you like...

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>Photoshop can use DPI when you want to <strong>up-res</strong> an image, otherwise its usefulness and need is between zero and none. Too much has been wasted on writing about DPI. Still an all-to-common question if you really do not understand that image files are just a 2D, X-Y array of "colored dots (pixels)." There is no such thing as "resolution" itself in the image file. Resolution comes from your lens IQ and the size of your sensor.<br /> <br />Rebel's have the 1.6 sensor so they capture pixels at close to 6,000 DPI!<br /> <br /> DPI adds nothing of value.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>There is no such thing as "resolution" itself in the image file</p>

</blockquote>

<p>This is wrong. Based on every standard definition used in the industry, resolution is the number of pixels in an image. Similar definitions exist for video. What doesn't exist in an image file is anything "per inch," which both ppi and dpi refer to. That's what the "i" is in those terms. Since the files have no inches to them, those terms are meaningless.</p>

<p>I have no idea what the action is supposed to do since I'm not going to download it, but if it just changes the ppi setting, then it's as meaningless as the term is in most instances. Unless you're scanning or printing, both of which involve physical media that do carry definition in inches, dpi and ppi are meaningless terms and should be disregarded.</p>