Canon EOS 620 Film Leader Out Modification

vaughan

Hello

I recently purchased some service manuals for EOS 650, 620 and 630. One of them mentions that the EOS 620 can be modified to leave the film leader out... but doesn't describe the modification. The T90 could be modified to leave the leader out with a simple solder bridge under the top cover (err simple once you got the top cover off). I'm hoping the mod for the 620 is something similar.

Does anybody know that the EOS 620 film leader modification is?

Thanks.

It's been a long time since I've looked at the 620 specs, but my recollection is that the feature of leaving some of the leader out is NOT available on the normal settings for the camera. There was a 'rewind on x number of exposures' feature -- could that somehow be modified??

If there is some way to modify the wiring then..

The T90 is a very different thing, though clearly ancestoral to the later EOS, but perhaps if you open up the 620 you could recognize the circuits in question in the EOS camera?

The good news is that even though the 620 is not a cheap as it was, you still wouldn't be risking much.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

The EOS 620 (and 650) don't have custom functions, they were first introduced in the EOS 630. I took the lid off an EOS 620 and it didn't have solder pads in the same place the T90 does to enable the leader-out option. Oh well.

While you're here, I've been reading you many posts on the old EOS film cameras nd enjoyed them. It has prompted me to buy a couple (cough) of EOS film cameras since they are so cheap, unlike their older FD manual focus siblings.

It's interesting that most of the film-related posts were made at least a decade ago, sometimes two. Most are too old to add to now: some things are better left undisturbed IMHO. When I do post I often begin with "Greetings from the future..."

Regards, Vaughan

Edited by vaughan

Thanks for the kind words.

It's interesting that most of the film-related posts were made at least a decade ago, sometimes two.

Despite frequent claims to the contrary, I do not think film photography is 'thriving'. :(