Canon EOS 5D II and multiple exposures

dallalb

<p>There is certainly more control in post for multiple exposures, however, it is a different animal. In fact, I remember discussing this with someone who said they could do multiple exposures with their dSLR and the results were not (color mixes) the same as with film--don't remember specifics, but it was opposite of what I would expect doing film multiple exposures.</p>

<p>One place where I don't know that there is any comparison is when one needs or wants to do multiple pops from a flash to get more light (use a smaller aperture). With film, you can use the shutter for each shot that is layered if you can't get your set dark enough or don't want to deal with it. With digital, those dark areas can't be brought out with multiple exposures as with film.</p>

<p>If it is your intent to capture a moving subject in multiple positions against a single background for sequential motion shots ala egertons stroboscope, I would suggest adding the canon 580 EXII strobe which can provide the illumination to the subject with sequential flashes over the shutter open period. This will give you multiple exposures of the subject in foreground against a fixed background with any camera on which the speedlight will fit including the g series point and shoots.</p>