Canon DPP issues

joe_nash1

I just got my 40D as some of you know from my earlier posts. So today, I thought

I would try and play with Canon DPP v 3.1. The program opens fine, and it lets

me play with every other picture on my hard drive. The problem is that when I

try to open the pictures I took with my new 40D, the program freezes and I get a

window that says-"DPPViewer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I of course have scoured the net for info, but can't really find info. So I see

Canon released a new version 3.2, I updated to that and I get the same issue.

My images are in high resolution .jpg. I also have CS3 on the same computer,

but it runs fine. My computer requirements are more than sufficient to run the

program.

Any idea's?

Thanks

I'd delete (uninstall) the program, then reinstall it from the Canon CD, then do the update.

If the original installation got screwed up somehow, it may also affect the updated version.

Mine works perfectly with 40D files, and did so before I did the update. It's not the program, it's your installation that has a problem.

I did have problems getting version 3.2 to install properly. In the end I downloaded the file to a separate folder, shut my internet connection off and installed the program with nothing else running. Now it works fine. The other thing you could try is to shoot a few frames in RAW and see if you get the same results. Theo

John,

I called Canon, and the tech guy never heard about the problem. I even renamed the files, but no luck. I have since downloaded new files from the camera and they work, both jpg and raw. I did notice if I move one pic to another file vs the whole file, it will open and work fine. I don't know, kinda ticks you off doesn't it? write me off line, maybe we can figure this out together.