Canon DPP 3.11.26 available.

zml

<p>The updater to DPP with DLO is available from Canon (I have D/Ld it from the Canon's Hong Kong site.) Also, fixes the "soft output" issue with 5D Mk. III files.<br>

Lens profiles need to be downloaded from within the program and are very limited as of now. For instance there is no support for many Mk. I versions of the recently updated lenses, but the most popular lenses seem to be supported.<br>

All I can say for now that DLO works but I haven't ran any meaningful tests.</p>

<p>I started a thread on the effects of DLO a while back, based on tests with the version of DPP on the 25.0 CD (having dowloaded an ISO image of the disk that had been posted – I don't have a 5DIII yet), but the thread died , probably because not enough people had access to a DLO version of DPP at the time.</p>

<p>Anyhow, the conclusions were that DLO did reveal additional detail, although I can't compare it to other RAW processors in that respect. However, on 7D files shot at ISO 1600, where a bit of luminance noise shows up, aggressive use of DLO made the noise much worse. That is still the case with DPP 3.11.26.0.</p>