but I'd like to know more about this fine looking small camera and its

history. My copy has a 30/1.7 lens and a shutter going from 1/8 to

1/500, plus "B".

The camera still hold a film, a Kodachrome roll dating back from the

early 1970's, I guess. It's a ISO 64, 20 exposure KR135-20P. No

process is mentionned, so I suppose it needs K-12 processing, but can

anyone confirm that? Since K-12 is not available any more, is there I

way I could process it as classic B&W?

I have a Demi S (non auto version of your camera) and we used it as our point and shot on a three week trip to europe. I shot 400 ASA Superai with it 9 rolls that's approx 648 images and when we got home we had them all printed to 4X6 My wife also shot with her AE-1P and a couple of very nice lenses from my Canon Kit I shot B&W with our Back up AE-1P (My mine camera was a T90 shooting slides)My wife took the best prints from the Demi Her camera and My B&W prints and put them in three huge Parker albums to show our friends who have sense enough not to come to my 3 hour slide show LOL. And when my Photo snob buddies came over after looking at the albums we asked them to pick out the Demi Shots and they barely hit on 25 % of them saying it was to hard to tell them from the full frame shot with the 28-70mm Tokina SD zoom my wife used (one of the best under rated lenses I have ever seen and I currently have over 50 Canon FD mount lenses)

SO put some film in it and go have fun

• 2 years later...
I found this topic whilst searching for info on this camera. I have one listed on eBay and have been staggered by how many people seem interested in it - currently 41 watchers (about double my previous maximum). Anyone know why these are so popular?! If you see this listing and want to know what it went for, then hopefully <a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&item=190001969527">this link</a> will work.

The Demi EE17 was close to the top of the line for Canon Half-frames. Mine takes axcellent photos. It has a terrific lens and I have made enlargements up to 11X14 using a slow speed B&W film that are on a par with any fixed lens rangefinder.

Only the the Demi-C with its interchangeable lenses costs more when it was new.

Automatic "trapped needle" exposure, CdS cell (PX-13 mercury battery) and a manual exposure over-ride so that the meter or battery failure will not interefere with its use.

-Paul