Canon 9950F Problem with Vertical Lines on Scans

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi, No words of any sollutions here? I have only used the 9950F for 2 days scanning transparancies. Today I am having those verticle stripes as mentioned on both 120 and 35mm transparancies. I am using VueScan. Normal flatbed scanning seemed to be OK. The scanner is not even 3 motnhs old. Can anyone give me some hints?

I tried two different 9950F's on two different computers,with Vuescan and epson software and it made no difference, generally the scans were ok apart from in sky areas (Of which 95% of my shots have a lot of sky)the severity of the the banding would depend on the contrast, but either way it was unacceptable, these were from 120 neg and tranny, not sure about 35mm, after 6months I gave up and returned them both to Jessops under warranty and bought an Epsom 700V with which I am delighted, although it does take a lot of practice and a fair bit of tweaking to get the best out of it.

Sorry I dont have any easy fix.

As my scanner is still under warranty I have opted to return it for either replacement or repair. Up to now I did not find any problems with banding, but of course I did not had that much time scnanning slides. Now rhat it has been mentioned I will take a better look when the machine returns.