Canon 9000 MKII vs 9500MKII

<p>OK with a quick read of the spec's is the main difference between these two that the 9500 is going to be better for B&W and has a finer dot print head?<br>

Currently using a 6700 and loving it but need bigger.<br>

I don't do a lot of B&W but I have in the past (wet darkroom) but with a really good inkjet set up I might be doing more printing in B&W<br>

Since Canon is offering a nice rebate on the 7D body and these two printers with the 9000 it's dirt cheap at $100.00 (after rebate) and the 9500 is only $250.00 after the rebate.<br>

How should I look at choosing between them? If the rebate were to continue longer I would most likely jump on the 9500 but I don't work during the winter and with the rebate ending June 27th I'll still be in recovery mode. So I'm not even sure I can swing the Camera.<br>

I'll keep my 6700 for the hundreds of 4X6's we do of the grand daughters and just add the big printer to the mix.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>9000 - dye inks<br>

9500 - pigment inks<br>

What is your expectation for longevity of prints?</p>

<p>I've been printing on the 9500 for several months and find it good for B&W on fine art paper as well as color on glossy and semi-gloss. Do a search on the comparison in Photo.net - I'm sure there are many opinions and experiences to draw from.</p>