Canon 6d markii raw files

Brian Murphy

I just received my new 6d mark ii and did a few test shots. I was surprised that I had to download the Adobe dng converter software in order to open my photos in Photoshop elements raw. Has anyone heard if the camera raw files will be able to be opened without a separate converter?

Thanks,

Brian

A new version of Elements will allow you to open 6DII files directly without conversion to dng. Of course DPP is available and its free (as is the Adobe dng converter).

A new version of Elements will allow you to open 6DII files directly without conversion to dng. Of course DPP is available and its free (as is the Adobe dng converter).

Thank you, I will look into the new version. i thought being up to date would solve the issues.

Adobe does catch up eventually with the fairly common practice of a new camera using a slightly different RAW format. If you do not want to play the "subscription game" you are pretty much doomed to use the dng route.

I ,my computers, and my software are all getting to the point where I won't be able practically to upgrade any of us, but for the time being I am sticking with the older version of things. :oops:

• Like 1

Adobe does catch up eventually with the fairly common practice of a new camera using a slightly different RAW format. If you do not want to play the "subscription game" you are pretty much doomed to use the dng route.

I ,my computers, and my software are all getting to the point where I won't be able practically to upgrade any of us, but for the time being I am sticking with the older version of things. :oops:

I will play the dng game for some time and maybe upgrade to the new photoshop elements soon. My computer really bogs down with photoshop and lightroom. I should add more ram.