Canon 5D2 Diopter ?

alan_bessler

<p>I have tried a few searches,but came up empty.My ? is I would like to use my camera without my glasses,i have a 5D2 and the view is still slightly blurred at the max of +3,what amount would i need to add to get the image clear?Thanks very much for any help...</p>

<p>You can install an accessory Diopter and use it to increase the strength of the adjustment in one direction. The last time I bought one I had to buy the lens and rubber frame separately. The lens slides into the frame and the frame mounts to the eyepiece in the usual way. Not many people need them so you'll probably have to special order or buy from a big house like B&H.</p>

<p>As I recall, the older Diopters for the 1, 1N and 600 series still fit the 5DII. You can't use the larger ones designed for ECF bodies like the Elan 7E or EOS 3.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>I had to spend endless hours peering through microscopes as a researcher. One day I decided to make my job easier by getting contacts. GREAT decision! I can't tell you how wonderful that was! I eventually got my eyes zapped, and that was even better. FAIW...</p>

<p>If you go the diopter route, I think you simply add the diopter numbers, so +3 and +1 would make +4, for instance.</p>