Canon 5D MarkII books

<p>I've looked at a couple of books at the bookstore (one was the Lantern series I think) and didn't find either to be better than the manual. Those books give you the same information as the manual. Maybe someone else has found one that is better than the manual.</p>

<p>The magic lantern book is very similar to the manual. I purchased the 5D MKI version it thinking it would have some helpful tips for some of the features in the camera (I don't have the 5D MKII). It doesn't. Magic lantern books (and probably many other camera specific books are aimed at people that have lost the manual . 15 years ago books like these were the only way to manual for used cameras. Today all you have to do is do a search on the web. Most manufactures have .pdf version available for free. <a href="http://aux1.jp.canon.com/eosd/firm-e/eos5dmk2/pdf/instruction-en.pdf">This is a link to the 5D MKII manual</a>.</p>

<p>However if you are just looking for ways to improve your composition or exposure there are lots of books out there but most are not camera specific since the physics of the shutter aperture, and focus systems is generally the same for SLRs. Some are more focused on Digital caeras while others are focused on film cameras. If you are looking for a book like this perhaps someone will post a recommendation. Or you could use the photo.net search function. </p>