Canon 5D does it have live view?

gary_conrad1

<p>Ross, I've only used it once, and I couldn't have gotten the shot without it. I wanted to photograph a very shy little girl. Everytime I held up my camera, she covered her face. I just switched to live view and "fiddled with my camera" for a little while, all the while getting great shots of her for her family.</p>

<p>Okay, I'm over 50 but find adjusting the diopter yields a sharp view in the wonderful 5D viewfinder. If you need more adjustment than that, you can buy an accessory diopter to extend the adjustment range to fit your eyes.</p>

<p>I have LV on my 50D and find it harder to see clearly than the VF. In order for my eyes to focus properly I must hold the camera at arm's length, making for a small view. So I wouldn't use it unless I had to lay on the ground or shoot over my head.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>Short answer: no.<br /> For me live view is hind pockets on a boar. I hated it on a Powershot I had, much less on a real camera. I even turn off the review altogether on my cameras. If I <em><strong>want</strong> </em> to look, it's easy to hit the play button. Battery lasts longer too.</p>