Canon 450D vs 1000D for portrait only

andy_hs

<p>Hi guys,<br>

i need your opinions between those two bodies 450D and 1000D (or 1100D too) since both of them are in similiar price for 2nd hand.<br>

i only use it for family/group/single person portrait only, using background fabric/vinyl, with 18-55 or 50/F1.8 attached and using flash, mounted on tripod, manual exposure at F8 1/160s. so i don't need fancy camera or fancy lens.<br>

the shot will be made via pc screen liveview using eos utility remote shooting, so yes, i need live view feature.<br>

i need a simple camera for quick processing from capturing to printing (but i need computer for adding some images, so i can't use pictbridge).<br>

the operator won't be me, but someone else that i consider as real novice/rookies.</p>

<p>i still a rather doubt to choose between those bodies. what is your opinions, and why. and if you have other suggestion regarding what i will do with those bodies, i open for ideas :)</p>

<p>thanks in advance :)</p>

<p>if they are the same price then the 450D is best as has better AF, 9 points to 5 for the 1000.<br>

450 has a 3inch lcd the 1000 has 2.5 the 450has Continuous drive up to 3.5 frame <br>

the1000 has 3fps the 450 has 14bit raw 1000 has 12bit <br>

so a no brainer the 450d has the better speck and may be better build as the 1000d is more entry level than the entry leval 450D </p>

<p>the second hand price for 450D is around $50 higher. for the spec, yes 450D is higher, but it's (potentially) older camera being second hand compared to newer 1000D.<br>

that's confused me, as i said i don't need fancy camera. i already have 50D, that i will use for other purpose at the same time, that's why i need to buy 2nd body, and probably (just probably) will serve as my second body in the future.</p>