Canon 40D, or Canon SX110is for St Pats parade in Chicago

joe_nash1

<p> I've photographed both the Southside and the Loop St Patty's parades. Arrive at least an hour early and nab some shots of the parade assembly, often far more interesting than the usual parade pics. Everything takes longer on St Patty's, so plan on at least 50% extra time to get there, and the trains will be extraordinarily jammed full, standing room only, like sardines.</p>

<p>I have very little use for long lenses there, but wides prove very useful. If you have something in the 18mm range for that 40D, take it. If you're going with your GF/wife and/or non photographer buds, you may just want to take the lighter unit. It's a long day, and you don't want to be lagging and dragging in that mob. Some of the best pictures will be in bars, so the high usable ISOs of the D40 may pay off. Wish I was there this year.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Update to the previous post. I decided to take the smaller SX110is, but for future reference there where a lot of people carrying DSLRs and SLRs. So, next time the bigger camera. But that little SX110is is very capable, plus the bonus of some neat videos. </p>