how.

<P>

<A HREF=

"http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-flash/#olderspeedlite"

>http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-flash/#olderspeedlite</A>

<P>

There's also the question of whether it uses a safe flash trigger

voltage. It probably does (ie: under 6 volts) but you should test it

with a voltmeter first to make sure it doesn't fry your camera.

this is a basic flash with no TTL capability. there's a manual film speed setting (100 or 400)on the side. it should work with but you have to set the camera to Program (P) mode. With Tv mode you set the speed to 1/60. the f stop will automatically be set to either 4.0, 4.5, or 5.6

I faced a similar question with my Speedlite 199A (made for A-series cameras) and EOS-5 and/or -500n. Works well, you have to set shutter speed and aperture manually on the camera, the flash has its own sensor. The 199A has three choices of aperture settings corresponding with maximum flash distance and depth of field. The pictures that I took came out well. I guess it works the same way with the 244T and a Rebel, you might give it a try. Since the 199A predates the 244T I don't see any risks regarding the voltage.

I don't expect any communication between the Rebel and the 244T, apart from triggering the flash. In fact the 199A/EOS-5 combination gave less automation than the 199A with the A1, so in the end I decided to buy a dedicated flash. I think the 244T/Rebel may be a reasonable combination for not too difficult flash situations. It's not as sophistocated as (E-)TTL flash and you don't get any fancy things like flash exposure lock etc. but I think it must be possible to use the 244T and Rebel together.