Canon 17-40L and 70-200L cheap from Dell with coupons.

m3rdpwr

Great deal! Thanks Mario. I got my order in just before they removed the product from the

site. However, upon calling Dell, they said the item has been discontinued and the order

will likely be cancelled. Maybe they realized they screwed this one up, and that's why they

took it off the site.

On a side note, does anyone know if the 70-200/f4 comes with a lens hood? J&R has the

lens hood sold separately, and they say that "people who bought this product also buy

this". Every canon lens I've bought comes with the lens hood.

I need this lens by August 1st. Anybody else have any tips on where to buy? B&H is sold

out. Amazon doesn't have it.....

Jeffrey Stockton

I bought the 70-200 f/4 from B&H about a month or so ago and it came with the Lens hood inclkuded. The Lens hood is inside the regular red and white Canon lens box so it appears to be part of the standard package. I think the only way you would not get the hood is if someone opened the box and took it out. From seeing pictures on eBay and the lens in stroes this is the only box I've ever seen it in.

--Peter

The "L" series lenses come with their dedicated hoods. If you buy an "L" lens without one and you have to buy it separately, you've been ripped off. Buy it from B&H or Adorama and you'll get what you're supposed to. Buy one from someone selling it at a much lower price than everyone else, and you'll probably get what you pay for.

I bought a EFs 17-85 IS and a EF 85mm 1.8 from Dell at very good price. The lenses arrived just fine, just like the ones that I received from B&H. Dell is quite good most of the time. Sometimes they might have some trouble in shipping the items in time when the deal is too hot.

• 3 years later...