I realize that when asking whether it is worth spending the $4500 on the Mark II vs. the $1500 on the 10D, the overwhelming response will be that if I can afford the Mark II, I should get that. But it's more a question of whether it's worth it to wait longer and save up, or have the 10D now and upgrade sometime in the distant future. I am a photo student now (hopefully a working professional in just over two years from now), and this fall we will be starting digital imaging classes. A digital camera is not required, but I know it would make things a lot easier. I use Canon now, so these two cameras are the only two I'm really considering. I could buy the 10D within a month or two, whereas it might take me up to a year or so to save up for the Mark II. I really like the durability, more megapixels, smaller lens magnification, and shooting speed of the Mark II, but is it worth the wait and triple the pricetag?