Canham 4x5 and RRS B 35 quick release plate

lutherhert

<p>Hello all,<br /> Can anybody tell me if a Really-Right-Stuff B 35 or similarly compatible quick-release camera plate, along with a a 3/8" - 16 to 1/4" -20 reducer bushing will work with the Canham 4x5, 5 x7, 4x10 field camera's tripod base plate? The plate has 1/4" and a 3/8" holes, which are approximately 3.5 " from center to center. the in line holes will provide stability and the bushing will be used to reduce the 3/8" hole to 1/4". I am concerned with the spacing between the two holes. Also, I wonder if the length of the B 35 along the bottom of the plate is long enough to support the weight of a Fuji W 1:63/360 LENS?<br>

Thanks in advance,<br /> Luther Hert</p>

<div>00cxJY-552533784.jpg.02bdb8c13bf0795ef426ae76177b93b6.jpg</div>

<p>Which Canham? I don`t know if all Canhams have the same specs.<br /> My DLC also have 1/4" and 3/8" holes, but at 3/4" from center to center (cenrtainly not 3.5"!). Maybe you`re refering to the wooden cameras.<br /> The in line holes are not useful to provide stability (I`m pretty sure only the 1/4" is enough) but to avoid camera rotation, as the base doesn`t allow to use "rimmed" plates like the B22 type above.<br /> If the B35 above is 3.5", it is a nice long plate plate for the DLC. The issue here is if the camera is capable of holding this heavy lens at such extension; I`m using a 2.5" plate with no problems, but with a 420mm process lens the extension is too long for a small camera. Maybe you`ll need an extra arm to keep the thing steady, specially if you`re focusing at closer distances (I think Manfotto makes one). My Markins plate is at the limit of nearness to allow the use of the two screws, looks like the B55 could be similar.</p>