canceling bride

jamie_thomas

If A Bride cancels her wedding with you, what do you need from her so that you

can rebook the date? My bride is canceling her 7-7-07 wedding with me, she

told me through an e-mail and her mom also confirmed that. So you think that

is enough for me to rebook or do I need it in writing? Any help will be

appreciated.

Jamie - I would NOT do this via email. I'm no lawyer, but make a statement that makes it clear that the bride and groom are cancelling:.

_____

DATE

This is a cancellation agreement between NAMES and NAMES. For this cancellation to be executed, it must be signed by the client and returned to photographer at ADDRESS.

Upon receipt of cancellation, photographer will DO WHATEVER YOU PROMISED TO DO (ie. return or not return retainer).

I, NAME, acknowledge the agreement signed on DATE regarding weddingphotography services for WEDDING DATE is null and void.

I hereby acknowledge that Jamie Thomas has no further liiability wiht respect to the agreement called "wedding photography contract".

SIGNATURE of everyone's name on the original contract x_________

______

something like that. I'm not a lawyer, but I think that the above makes it very clear that they have no claim on you if they are cancelling.

it is ALSO for their protection. what if YOU decided to be a jerk and after 7/7/2007, say that you showed up and demand money for your time....?

always get this stuff in writing.

conrad

> If A Bride cancels her wedding with you, what do you need from her so that you can rebook the date?<

We require her (the bride`s) signature, or the signature of the responsible party (i.e. the person who first signed the contract which engaged us) on the document that is a cancellation of that contract.

We prefer that this be signed in our office, if that is not possible then we would make an appointed time to secure the signature in person.

If, however, for reasons of geography, neither option above is available, then the contract cancellation can be done via mail, provided the signature it is witnessed by an appropriate authority, (such as what is required for a Statutory Declaration: Lawyer; Justice of the Peace; Police Officer, the rank of Sergeant or above etc).

I expect you would have similar contractual etiquette where you reside, which should be confirmed with your business legal eagle.

WW