I don?t want to start with my own comments as to keep the biasness

apart.

Am doing a research paper on this topic, your reviews will be of

great help.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aesthetics is a born quality. feeling the collection of thoughts and expressing these thoughts into materialism. Some people are good in visualising things so that the expressions reflects the inner thought. as far as the artistic aesthethics is consern the aesthetics is to look things in a way where most of the people dont notice things.

Thank you Richard Milner, I have gone through the dictionary. But what I am looking for was not explained.

You are very right leslie cheung these things are to be felt, but I have embarked in a quest to express it in words.

Yes AASIF RASHID you are correct but what is Artistic Aesthetics. I want to find out why people rate some pictures as high in Aesthetics. What are the main ingredients of a picture, which makes them Aesthetically good?

Dear John Falkenstine I am interested in Photographic Aesthetics more importantly I want know why people rate some pictures as good in aesthetics in fact I want to find out the ingredients so people can cook better pictures.

Yes Grant I am afraid there are many variables but, this is a thirst and I have to quench

I hope this has given some directions to what is the question in hand

>>>I am interested in Photographic Aesthetics more importantly I

want know why people rate some pictures as good in aesthetics

in fact I want to find out the ingredients so people can cook better

pictures. <<<

Form, Content, Perspectives, color (or lack of), tonality, bokeh,

light quality, vantage points, focus, framing among others are

ingredients. Good ingredients may not alway produce a great

photo however some lacking photo may appeal to some. It all

depends on the audience. Really though fuck the audience,

shoot what deems appealing to you as an individual unless

acourse you are shooting and $elling for someone else;O)

Aesthetics without content is nothing... If everybody like a photo it will be good for wallpaper or screen saver but will not qualify as an artistic work. Both are important. I've got 2, 3 pictures with strong content, some that tell a story and many aesthetic only pictures... Few care about content here.

Aesthetich is very subjective.

You can to check in dictionary but always every people will be understood this a bit of differently.

Simple ,if you like any photo you give high rate and ..... :-).

I think that we should give rates so as tell you your inside voice.

If you will apply to definition then result could be bad, bacause you will be very like any photo and definition rank will be bad.

I am a amaterur photographer and truly i think as amateur too but on this site is more such men as I

Actually I think a deeper discussion of aesthetics should go beyond photography, unless your research article is defined only within the scope of photograhy.

To me, an aestheically appealing art work presents life, which is truth, good and beauty. To me, death is not beautiful, even it has dignity that I recognize. You can tell that I belong to a classic school in this sense, but I don't belong to any religion, which devides mankind.

When you see deep down in any culture, you see similar things in arts that present beauty in life. What it implies is that beauty must be universal, it is about life.

The perception of aesthetic quality is a result of the perception of purity of intent in the object/scene/landscape/athletic act/whatever you want to put here/.

Any thing or any act that arrises from impeccable purity of intent will produce the perception of aesthetic value in anyone who is attuned to such things. Aesthetics is a result of the ultimate spiritual nature of man and the universe manifesting itself in that intent.

You can see I tend to have a metaphysical bent.

First of all to me aesthetics is strictly a subjective stuff: what is aesthetically good to me might be not so good to any others. I then think that aesthetics is a combination of primary sensations made of emotions, personal inclinations, and formal education. The last point, for example, might be important here on PN where professionals meet each others with amateurs: professionals might gave their respectable opinion based on a techs stuff mixed to emotional sensations while amateurs might prefer sensations over technicalities.

Michele Berti, in my opinion subjective, also has a pattern. Like what most of the people like to appreciate.

and emotions, personal inclinations, and formal education, must also have some thing common among individuals.

Do we still from deep inside prefer to be as free as a bird? And have no boundaries. is that the reason we prefer sceneries. Do we feel confined, because of which we don?t rate pictures high, which give us feelings of being caged.

To me, something I rate high in aesthetics makes me feel strongly one way or another. If it's not out of focus, the lighting suits the picture, and the composition overall is well done, for me, the subject matter then has to "reach" me. If it does, even if the image is disturbing or not "pretty", then it's aesthetically well done, imo.

Roome, I'll contain my reply to your research paper question with my observations on this site. I think there are two parts to ones aesthetics sense: first as an observer, and another as an artist/creator. <br><br>The former might include a primitive response to a visual stimulus of felt significance such as nudes, unusual or familiar landscapes, or some cleverness to an image we interpret as aesthetics expressed through originality. The level of agreement (on what's beautiful) is likely influenced by ones exposure to prior art, in other words, you're likely less impressed if you've been desensitized through many prior experiences. <br><br>It's quite a different matter when one puts on ones artist/creator hat - everyone has a palette for fine cuisine, but not everyone is a fine chef. In this instance, I suspect ones aesthetics sense is an expression mostly from drawing on ones life experiences as observers or learners.

To me aesthetics is that part of anything we encounter in life ,a sunset, child's face ,a

beautiful building , statue,photograph. The feelings that this experience provokes in me,is

the aesthetic experience. I think as humans we are drawn to universal themes by genetics.

It has been shown that children are drawn to the shape of the face as a very young age, so

they can find their mother.As adults we are drawn to the same things ,but with a expanded

consciousness, that is made up from experience. The photographs I am most drawn to are

the ones that cause me to feel something.I think Ansel Adams landscapes are beautiful

,but although technically perfect his people photos leave me cold. I guess its like the judge

said,I am not sure how to define it ,but I know it when I see it,(or feel it).

Synonyms always help me. For me, "aesthetics" is synonymous with "beauty," and "originality" with "creativity." In other words, for me originality deals with the artist and his/her craft, and aesthetics deals with the subject matter itself. Make sense?

To me, aesthetics are like the surface of the cultural waters, always changing to suit the

volume and mixture of the culture that makes up the water but also that which rises to the

top and is recognized by the majority. Landscapes do well on P.net because all cultures

can recognize this common form.

Max