Can the Epson 3880 print more than 22" on the long side?

<p>Think I asked this before but got no responses. Can I take a 17" x say 30" piece of paper into the Epson 3880? I have a triptych to make, it's very skinny images (x3 = a normal view) but very long, so I need to cut some long paper to accomodate. Will the 3880 accept it?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>it makes perfect sense. different target groups. if you think you're going to print >38", then get a 48/49xx or Canon 5100(?). But w/ some of them, you lose the ability to print small (< 8x10 cut sheet)</p>

<p>I thought I would do more pano work than I actually am and if I need >38", I'll send it out. I dont have enough work to keep that large a printer as busy as it needs to be. Also, once you start getting up to 24"+, the camera, lens and technique become a major issue to produce quality work.</p>

<p>There is a way to do longer prints by using a third party RIP like <a href="http://www.colorbytesoftware.com/">Imageprint</a> instead of the epson driver. This will let you print over 300".</p>

<p>This may not be practical anyway, since it is very expensive ($895). Another issue is that the 3880 cannot use roll paper, and it could be difficult to handle cut paper that long.</p>

<p>Sorry Howard M., Qimage is not a RIP, I never said it was, sorry to confuse everyone who may have thought that was my implication.<br>

Qimage depends on the detection of a roll paper capability to allow printing longer than 37.5 inches, this is per the creator of Qimage. I assume that you meant that Qimage quirries the Epson driver to determine this.<br>

This factoid can be found somewhere on the Qimage website since I researched this a long time ago for the Epson 3800.</p>