Can I get photo reprints off a photo index print?

<p>Do you mean the index print that contains all those very small photos on it? If so, then all you could do would be to have those very small prints scanned and then printed. If you print the files from the scans larger, say 4 x 6, they would be very poor quality and probably not worth doing except as an experiment.</p>

<p>It'd be very difficult; but, it might be possible, if you gave the scanner a good deal of time to slowly make a high resolution scan. The thumbnail on the index print is only going to be about as big as a 110 negative frame; but, because it is reflective and opaque, it'll be of a lower quality. Effectively, the information the print process is starting out with is too low, too close to the "minimum" side of things to ever extract a good copy of the original. You'll probably be able to get some kind of similar image printed small, say 2.5x3.5 or anything smaller than 4x6 (as above). It's not going to look like a regular photo; but, if having a copy of the image is important to you, it might be possible to extract something from the original. I would want to caution you to extremely lower your expectations.</p>

<p>Probably not. Newer machines do scan and print at 300dpi, but at an index size that's not enough to enlarge.<br>

Older optical minilabs had index printers added on, specifically the fuji SFA series, the index print isn't really your image, but a bunch of relatively easily identifiable lines approximating it. If you look closely instead of a picture you'll see something like this:</p>

<p>-----------------------<br>

------------------------------<br>

------------------------<br>

as it was nearly impossible to achieve perfect alignment.</p>

<p>"No, you'll have to actually pay the photographer that invested the time and effort and equipment into getting those shots to get anything useable. That's kind of the point of those index prints."<br>

Well, Dan,<strong><em> I</em></strong> was the photographer that invested time, effort and equipment in getting those shots, but unfortunately, over the years, certain photos and the negatives of that batch have been lost.<br>

So, while I certainly appreciate and am grateful for all the thoughtful answers I have received on this posting, I think you could of kept your rude comment to yourself.</p>

<p>I'm sorry. When I see someone sign up, not post any relevant info about themselves, don't introduce themselves, and the only thing they've posted was a question that could very well be someone trying to cheat the system I get suspicious.</p>

<p>My apologies.</p>