Can anyone help me with this?

razzledog

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get through the sales fluff I think it says you are bidding for fast delivery on one of their cameras! Bid price to be 'put towards' final price of the camera and lens combo you choose. In other words it is going to be Very Very expensive.

As I see it they have made an LF rangefinder out of a few polaroid bodies, great but not worth thousands that I can see.

Or have I missed something?

"You are bidding on the expedited delivery of any L45s IV Panthere Gris model you may choose, the auction bid is not the camera price but bid will be applied to purchase price of camera selected.

to determine price choose a l45s III model and lens selection and that would be the actual cost."

Basically, he's just using Ebay to announce and advertise the products. By bidding there, you get the regular price, but with expedited delivery. That's my take on it, at least.

You're basically not getting anything. But if you do make an order for one of those ridiculously overpriced cameras ($4.000-$5.000), you get one faster than others not having paid $1.000 - that's how I read it.<p> With that kind of marketing hype, I'd not be surprised if they also made up some of the user feedback on their site. They might be serious camera fixer-uppers, but advertising their cameras that way, really puts me off ever buying something from them, also since you're not really getting anything for your buy-it-now price on eBay, shouldn't that be against some sort of regulations? I know it would be illegal marketing in Norway at least.

Hi. I am confused with so much patent numbers on this kind of camera, I might have to built one for myself as what a member of the forum explained in alternative cameras, which cost him $7.00 and a rainy day. I think that one does the same job likes this item or might be better because it doesn't have all the heavy junk stuffs on it.

Cheers

Look out guys, we have all been warned (threatened?). The latest ebay item 7560665827 reads:

'As Patent infringement litigation is imminent.If you are a US buyer and buy / have bought one of the butchered knockoffs offered in this siteor elsewhere in any applicable configuration you may face legal costs ranging between 10 and 100k. all cameras in question sold to the US must be subpoena as evidence dismantled to allow through examination.we know who has bought these , most of these alleged bargains have already proven to be a mistake due to their mediocre performance and now they may prove to be really expensive ones indeed.'

Guess I`m shaking in my boots now, as will many others.

I`ve NEVER read such garbage in my entire life. Has this guy finally gone bananas?

Really a bizzare advert via Ebay. One wonders how a person not so versed in english would understand the threats; or what they are really actually buying. I first discovered Littman via Ebay many many years ago when he was buying up all the old Polaroids of certain types. Gee I thought he must be converting them like we did back in 4H club; many decades ago. I guess somebody will patent horseshoes; or the leather wallets we made too:) Dean; the purpose of this auction is probably NOT to sell Littmans stuff much; but to get Ebay to shut down his competion; thus all the legal threats. I have been on Ebay since its beginning almost; my oldest handle is over nine years old. I have seen several 4x5 polaroid conversions over the years; hawked from several different countries. What Ebay does is just quash the infringing auctions; sometimes even if there it is even really just a grey issue. Commonly this is done with clothes labels; pro sports labels; alot with trademarks. Also like the Bob Solomon deal where a chap had an expensive H...Pan? filter he was selling; and the Ebay auction got pulled due to maybe not being imported thru the correct channels; or something like this.

Please! it's impossible.<p> You can't sue the whole world.<p> Or can you ......?<p>By the

way, Littman has resigned his membership at photo.net. Or at least he says he has.<p>So if

you want your entertainment, you may just have to search ' Littman 45 Single' on that auction

site that no-one ever talks about.

I was quite happy to leave all this Littman thing behind, especially after receiving a HUMBLE apology from the man himself.........but like I figured he`s fired up again (Y a w n).

It seems that he`s hired a hotshot lawyer and is compiling a list of all who bought converted Polaroids other than his.

Now it seems this fellow has started calling on photographers to check on who`s using what and why. Luckily this buffoon has retired from Photo.net, so we don`t have to endure any more ramblings, (I fear a comeback is imminent).

As for all the rubbish featured on Ebay currently, regarding the release of the Panthere Noir and Panthere Gris, what can I say?

As for all the threats and Hocus Pocus on those current Ebay listings, I suggest everyone should read the hype, it`s good for a laugh, if nothing else. As for Noah`s offer of repair should you purchase a camera, I may also offer a similar service here in OZ! (Or is there a patent somewhere, I missed?)

Seems fitting that Mr G would offer an adapter for the great 4 Designs 110B, I mean the whole Polaroid 405 packfilm holder idea was their`s in the first place. The similarity of both cameras is utterly amazing.

After reading this and earlier postings it has quite the history!

I also find it interesting that Littman, Noah & Dean all have items on ebay right now - Checking out the feedback ratings Noah & Dean have 100% perfect feedback & Littman has 11 negatives - I suspected that they may be from unhappy buyers but it appears that all were for non-payment of items he won ... I guess that the buyers have been pleased thus far with some unhappy sellers.

I have to admit that the previous postings were tedious reading & I merely scanned through them.

Having been in the patent field for almost 30 years I also find the patent issues & posturing of interest. One would normally expect a company to simply go through legal channels in order to enforce it's patents & not carry on in such a public way. When an issue of infringement arises then the proper measures would then be put into motion. My guess is that it's his way of trying to avoid costly litigation & simply attempting to scare would be infringers - the issue of actual infringement would then have to be settled in court & if the patent is not very strong it's difficult to prove such issues & either way he would have to spend a lot of money in doing so without the certainty of actually winning in such a scenario. This is a risk any patent holder would face.

I'm curious - have the three of you all had each others cameras in your hands for a full breakdown & analysis?

Mr. Hamiel, you're absolutely right about the whole situation. ( Those of you out in the ether,

read Mr. Hamiel's post again.)<p>I believe Guillermo has two of my cameras, I think Dean

has seen a Littman, I have never seen either Dean's conversions or a Littman.<p>Although

there are many horror stories out there about the crappiness of the Littman's workmanship. I

know of at least six.<p>As far as a measure of quality or value, people who've re-sold my

cameras have either made money, or had broken even. <p>( Except the one customer

returned a camera and asked for his money back, less US$150. ) <p>I'd like to see the day

when someone sells a Littman for more than they paid for it.

It just occurred to me that the customer who returned my camera was unwilling to re-sell it

on ebay because he didn't want to be bothered by Littman. If he had sold it himself, I'm sure

he would have made a profit.<p>In retrospect, he may have been right.<p>Guillermo will

actually call people who own your cameras on the phone and threaten them with unspecified

legal action if they

don't send him the offending camera.<p>Hard to believe ?<p>Well, he's doing it as we

speak.<p>At some point, Mr. Hamiel, don't all these shenanigans become illegal ?

Also to Noah before he comments back, I was not threatened by Littman. Yes he has my phone number, but only after nicely asking if he could call me following a series of first PM's on another site, then emails. The only way he would get a phone number is if that person gave it to them.

I have no experience with Noah other than to make that little bit of comment.