Cameron Tripods

quattroc2002

Does anyone have any experience with these tripods? I can find very little information on them on the web. It looks like they're distributed exclusively by Henry's (a Canadian chain). I've looked at this one in store and it seems very sturdy. The only thing worrying me is the price. Getting a carbon fiber tripod with ball head for $300 just seems too cheap.

http://www.henrys.com/89998-CAMERON-CF700-TRIPOD-W-BH30-BALLHEAD.aspx

It sounds about the right price to me. It's every other company that's too expensive!

I have a theory that adding the word "photographic" to the description of any item automatically doubles the price at least. For example there's almost no difference between a walking pole and a monopod, but stick a 1/4" whitworth thread on top of a walking pole and you can charge twice as much. And surveyor's or astronomical telescope tripods are a fraction of the cost of one for a camera.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any experience with these tripods? I can find very little information on them on the web. It looks like they're distributed exclusively by Henry's (a Canadian chain). I've looked at this one in store and it seems very sturdy. The only thing worrying me is the price. Getting a carbon fiber tripod with ball head for $300 just seems too cheap.

http://www.henrys.com/89998-CAMERON-CF700-TRIPOD-W-BH30-BALLHEAD.aspx

I like Henry's less every year. Indifferent service, silly prices and iffy selection/availability. Problem with off-brand tripods/heads is repair/parts availability when you need it. Pay more get more with Manfrotto. Cameron is just a label slapped on generic Chinese-made gear. Henry's loves the brand for the mark-up. Shop craigslist/kijiji if you're in the GTA.

I like Henry's less every year. Indifferent service, silly prices and iffy selection/availability. Problem with off-brand tripods/heads is repair/parts availability when you need it. Pay more get more with Manfrotto. Cameron is just a label slapped on generic Chinese-made gear. Henry's loves the brand for the mark-up. Shop craigslist/kijiji if you're in the GTA.

Thanks.

I actually walked into one of their locations and spoke to a sales rep and he told me not to buy one because it was of questionable quality. I figure if they can't stand behind their own product, then I probably don't want to risk it.

Give them points for honesty at least.