CameraArts magazine

Discussion in 'News' started by steve_simmons|1, Oct 30, 2008.

1. I have taken over CameraArts magazine

www.cameraarts.com

and am publishing it as an online magazine. Please check it out and make comments as to what content you would
    like to see.

steve simmons

2. Steve... didn't you once publish CameraArts? Way-back-when I like the magazine but then for some unknown reason stopped subscribing and didn't even look for it on the news stand. Good luck with it!

3. Duly noted and definitely bookmarked. Congratulations/thanks for picking back up the load that was dropped.

4. Yeah, you owned it and now buying it back. Ok, but I don't buy it anymore, althought I subscribe to View Camera. And
    yeah, good luck with it. When will we see the first issue under your publishing?

5. I've never heard of this magazine. My first impression is of pixellation in the logo (header) and calendars that look like they were made by stay-at-home mom's with too little time to be graphic designers.<br>
    Simple and honest without trying to be mean, best of luck.

6. Steve,
    Wishing You The Very Best of Luck
    I did check it out, tho briefly, and do like the availability of downloadable PDF files.
    It once was a great periodical!
    Cheers!

7. The former owner filed bankruptcy in May 08 and dumped it back on me. We have gotten as much up as quickly as possible trying to make good on the former publuisher's failures.

If you have suggestions as to what content you would like to see please let me know.

thanks

steve simmons

8. Congratulations (I think?<g>) Steve. I always liked the magazine and purchased it regularly from our Barnes and Noble store.

9. Congratulations on your business venture. It's always good to see thoughtful endeavors in publications related to
    photography. J.

10. Keep the Jim Hughes column

11. Give'm hell, Steve. Nice to have you back.

12. Any chance of a printed version? I liked CA with you and Tim as publishers.

13. Great news Steve. Under your leadership CA was a very nice publication and I am sure it can be again.

All the best,

Rick

14. I had at least 2 years left on my subscription. :( I wondered why it quit arriving.

15. Steve,
    Congratulations on regaining Camera Arts. I enjoyed reading the printed version, for years. I think an online version is a great idea, especially for written and visual content that can be added and changed more quickly than waiting for off-the-press copies.
    I must agree with Mike, above, that the look of the site truly does need polishing. And, I too, like access to PDF articles.
    Best wishes for continued success.
    Andrew