Camera storage reminder.

<p>A fellow living in a hot and humid climate switched to digital, put away his N90s, two Nikon "D" lenses and Nikon flash a few years ago, left unattended since. Camera had installed the MB optional battery base, batteries were left in, they failed and leaked fluid all through the unit. Camera was given to a young lady taking photography in high school class, after cleaning carefully the camera works with intermittent power problems, best I can troubleshoot, trouble is perhaps more likely with MB unit. Camera was sent without the original battery cover, so can't isolate problem by using both ways.</p>

<p>In all other respects the whole system is in unblemished condition, sad to see something so easily avoided cause such a major problem. Moral: remember to remove batteries for anything more than a few weeks of storage, believe me, it CAN make a huge difference. If in doubt, take 'm out. In my experiences with stored cameras finding new owners, three have arrived with leaking battery damage.</p>

<p>I know some have stated they have left them in for years with no leaks, but good luck versus bad doesn't negate the damages resulting from those instances, where battery leakage did ruin an otherwise operating camera. Anyone have a battery cover from a wrecked N90s they would care to give/sell to the student? Happy to pay if so. Wishing everyone a good photography season.</p>

<p>Patrick </p>