Camera Setup for Stroke Victims

dfperrault

<p> I wanted to share a simple setup I made that enables a stroke victim who has use of one hand to use a digital camera. I mounted an olympus XZ1 point and shoot camera to a JJC Professional Handheld Pistol Grip Tripod.</p>

<p> I selected the XZ-1 based on the features listed below. The pistol grip is durable, very light, and provides a very good grip to the user. Various pistol grip models are available w/ cable to match a wide range of cameras. In addition, if the user puts the camera strap around his/her neck and and holds it stretches the strap out tightly, then the strap will offer greater stability to the user. </p>

<p><em>- <strong><em>E</em>xt Focus to be focused and shutter release</strong> </em>- can be used with right or left hand<br>

<em><strong>- Lightweight/compact</strong></em> - Easily held and manipulated with one hand<br>

<strong><em>- Fast lens/ Image stability</em> </strong>- Minimize image blur<br>

<em><strong>- Retracting Lens Cap</strong> </em>- Lens lens cap, never needs to be removed, and automatically opens and closes when the camera is turned on and off.</p>

<p>My Dad, who is a stroke victim is easily able to use the system to take photos with his left hand. The only difficulty is adjusting the zoom. he needs to place the camera down and adjust the zoom with his left hand. A system with touch screen zoom may have solved this problem</p>