Camera security cable

john_smith266

<p>I know that a few photographers here have posted about having their equipment stolen, so when I saw the latest gadget from Gary Fong, I thought I would post a comment here about it. (I'm in no way affiliated with GF or the product, just thought it might be helpful to some here.) It is a GearGuard security plate and cover that attaches to the tripod mount screw hole, that in turn allows you to use a cable lock to keep your camera from wondering off without you. It can be found on his site and doesn't really cost very much.</p>

The camera always stays with me therefore I use a bike lock, to lock my 2 bags. Even when I take a few minutes and eat with the guests I put the camera in my lap, the chair next to me, or right on the table.

I lock my cases on the speakers that the DJ uses. They've never said no to me.

<p>Man, Gary Fong could sell a refrigerator to an Eskimo. I don't really find any of his products to be all that great, but they sell like hotcakes, including the $60 power wasting tupperware container.<br>

The last thing I need is yet another piece to attach to my camera, and as the others have said, my cameras either live with me, and my cases hang out with the DJ or in some other secure area-I can lock my pelican case if I'm worried about theft.</p>