Camera Raw v11 with Jpgs and Save New Camera Raw Defaults

Hey Folks I am new to this forum and want to say thanks in advance for any help that can be provided. I recently upgraded from Photoshop 6 and Camera Raw 9.1.1 to CC 2019 and Camera Raw 11. In my workflow I use Camera Raw to process my Jpeg images. Since many of my assignment are shot under the same conditions I like to make adjustments to the first image and then click Save New Camera Raw Defaults so that each succeeding image opens with those settings. I find this easier than clicking Previous Conversion. Now that I have upgraded to CC 2019 I find that Save New Camera Raw Defaults in Version 11 only works on RAW files and setting are not applied to Jpgs. I shoot Canon 1DX MKII. Reverting to earlier versions of Camera Raw does not work because the MKII is not supported. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Not sure exactly what and how you're doing it, but I can open a JPEG (open as Camera Raw) and alter then Save New Camera Raw Defaults and further, I can use the Save (then Load) settings:

http://digitaldog.net/files/ACR.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)