Camera Control Pro alternatives

walterh

<p>Hello, are there good alternatives to CCP2?</p>

<p>I need control of the camera parameters related to RAW shooting and best possible live view.<br>

Two monitors must be supported. Camera support must cover D200, D700, D3.<br>

I do hold licenses for CCP and CCP2 but just dislike the user interface and the implementation of LV.<br>

Suppost is also terrible - it took me 1/2 year to get the software from Nikon after the D700 was delivered. It was ordered together with the camera! After major intervention I got a temporary lic. key from Nikon after 4 month.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hans interesting suggestion but there seems to be no live view. No live view does not meet the specification of "best possible live view" :-)</p>

<p>Tried it but cannot get it to work with my D3 , at least under Vista64. Have to give it a try with XP.</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Hans interesting suggestion but there seems to be no live view. No live view does not meet the specification of "best possible live view" :-)</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Sure it does. You said 2 monitors. Plug one of them into the HDMI port of the camera. That is the very best possible liveview. No smiley, dead serious.</p>

• 10 months later...
<p>Downloaded this program today to use with my Nikon D3 and cannot get it to work. My camera does not respond to the on-screen shutter command and I cannot release the shutter manually because the moment I plug in my camera to the USB port it goes into PC mode. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?</p>

<p>Thanks everyone, it worked! Here's what I did. </p>

<ol>

<li>For the camera control I downloaded DIYPhotoBits.com Camera Control 4.1 for FREE, and it works great. I'm able to tether my Nikon D3 to my Dell computer running Windows Vista 64bit. I have total control of my camera's features (ISO, shutter speed, aperture, white balance)</li>

<li>I took your advice and downloaded Fastone Image Viewer for FREE and it works great too! I'm able to point the folder that Camera Control is using and it auto-imports with each release of the shutter.</li>

</ol>

<p>Everything is fully automated and controllable via my laptop. I can now set the laptop next to my Sony Snaplab and perform all camera and print functions with a single click of the shutter, and a second click to print. I'll have my lovely assistant (my daughter) handle each cash transaction and viola! <br>

My next quest is to find a way to incorporate custom borders for prints. The Snaplab has a built in feature to add custom borders but it only works when inserting memory media into it, but not when it is being used as a printer connected to a PC.<br>

Thanks to all!</p>