Camera choices

errol young

<p>Yesterday I shot a outdoor political event and I wanted to take my N 105 2.8 along to snipe from afar and for portraits.<br>

I have my 16-85 mounted on mounted on my D7000 for most shots, (Figured I did not need to go wider)<br>

But for the 105, I did not want to use the D300 because it si so heavy and i was on my feet all day.<br>

So I used my D3100, usually my walk around body.<br>

Worked fine. I did not need the shooting speed nor the sturdiness of the 300. Worked well</p><div>00aKaY-462079584.jpg.9cac4f79de7c4d0cf573c6e7e4eec89b.jpg</div>

<p> Well having a lot of camera's that basically do the same thing puts you into a choice mode. I work with a lady that has over 300 pairs of shoes. I have tried to get her to explain the process for deciding which pair of shoes to wear. But she will not share the info. Being a minimalist type person it fascinates me how that all works emotionally. </p>

<p> I like the picture but it is a bit dark and a bit flat. Probably a tweak in levels would perk it up. The hat is pretty neat. Are those real feathers? If so what kind of bird gave them up?</p>

<p>Well Natives have plenty to protest about. I think the feathers are from a Turkey. I googled up a feather identification web site and that is the best that I could do. In the US feathers from a bird of prey are illegal to use for art work, hats and such or to have in possession. The birds are all protected. I do not know exact laws and regulations however. </p>

<p>I do like the hat and if I were there I would have asked the young man for permission to get a photo for sure. </p>

<p>There are a lot of things that are not exactly legal on the reserves here. This was in Six Nations near Niagara falls. <br>

There are tax free cigarettes, gas, etc. <br>

They consider that they are a sovereign nation.<br>

This was a news event so even though he knew i was shooting along with other press etc. no need to ask permission.<br>

If he had indicated otherwise, I would not have shot.</p>

<div>00aKeL-462155584.JPG.6a480ff4ef71a320aea3445875fa376e.JPG</div>