Calibrated NEC monitor and saturation

jonk

<p>I recently purchased a NEC P221W monitor with their SpectraviewII calibration system. After calibration, most internet pictures look over saturated - especially the reds. Since in the past I have had over saturated prints using an uncalibrated monitor, do I need to have separate calibration profiles for photo processing and internet use?<br>

Jon Wilbrecht</p>

<p> </p>

<p>what are your calibration setting? you ony need one calibration and it should be good for anything. did the over saturated color are just appening on the internet or also in photoshop.. and what web site are you looking at? maybe that the way the author adjust is color...</p>

<p>if you go to my web site, how the color look to you? (hint..they should look perfect ; )LOL</p>

<p>Hi Patrick,<br>

Your web site looks great on my calibrated monitor. On the other hand, my photo.net pictures, processed on an uncalibrated monitor, now look way too saturated on the calibrated monitor. Looking at other photographers' personal sites, some are OK and others are again way too saturated. A general scan of magazine web sites also range from OK to over saturated - especially the reds.</p>

<p>If you can download printer profiles from whoever does your printing it would help a lot and then load that printer profile into Photoshop to make any color and exposure adjustments. Remember to not use the printer profile when doing other work though. Also try using Photoshop's save for web feature when preparing photos to post on the internet to get a result that is closer to what you saw on your monitor. Just a disclaimer that I am not an expert at this myself and am learning too. </p>

<p>that mean that your image where edited blindly on you uncalibrated display, and that now that you have a calibrated one you see the effect of your prior editing.. that also mean that many people like you have edited there image on a uncalibrated display and that you also see that they where badly edit.</p>

<p> </p>