Cable release troubles...Agfa Billy Record II

Discussion in 'Extreme, Retro, Instant and More' started by matthew_peretz|3, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Hi
    I have a refurbished Agfa Billy Record II. I thought it would be a good idea to use it on a tripod, and I wanted to use a cable release.
    This camera has the Solinar lens and a Compur Rapid shutter (thanks to Jurgen Kreckel).

I recently bought a cable release - because I learned that if you unscrew the top shutter button there are threads underneath it.
    The only problem is that the cable release I bought is too thick or too large in diameter to fit into the threads on the camera body!

I don't know what to buy that will fit, because I don't even know the correct terminology.

Can someone please tell me what is going on with this problem? I'm mystified.

I'm happy to buy another cable release, but I just have no idea what's going wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. There was a different thread on some of the older cameras, not like the tapered Compur type we're used to currently. Look at the male thread on the button. Is it parallel like a nut & bolt, or tapered like the cable release tip?

3. The threads appear to be parallel. What kind of cable release does that mean - or basically does it mean I can't use one?
    You must know a great deal to even ask that kind of question :) I'm impressed!

4. Its an older type of cable, no longer made. There used to be adapters & I've even seen the old cable releases sold & still working. (This was 30 years ago, so don't quote me)! Anything tapered is gong to be "Compur" type, & as you've discovered wont fit. IIRC (I may be wrong) the type you have is "Kodak"?. Photo swap meets & e-bay would be my best guess.