Cable release diameter problems - Agfa Billy Record II

Hi

I have a refurbished Agfa Billy Record II. I thought it would be a good idea to use it on a tripod, and I wanted to use a cable release.

This camera has the Solinar lens and a Compur Rapid shutter (thanks to Jurgen Kreckel).

I recently bought a cable release - because I learned that if you unscrew the top shutter button there are threads underneath it.

The only problem is that the cable release I bought is too thick or too large in diameter to fit into the threads on the camera body!

I don't know what to buy that will fit, because I don't even know the correct terminology.

Can someone please tell me what is going on with this problem? I'm mystified.

I'm happy to buy another cable release, but I just have no idea what's going wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help

The Compur Rapid shutter has the fitting at more or less the same place, but not standing proud. It's a small threaded port in the side of the shutter, just below the cocking lever.

I'm sorry to report, after careful inspection, that my Compur Rapid has no such fitting anywhere in and around the lens /shutter. It simply doesn’t exist.

I think I read another poster saying the same thing about his Agfa Billy Record II. He was upset because he couldn't use a cable release.

Jurgen told me not to use the self timer as well, because the little knob breaking is the most common reason that he ends up seeing the cameras again.

Sorry I lost this thread.

The parallel threaded socket is coincidentally capable of (just) catching the last turn or the threads on a modern cable release. There used to be adapters from Prontor? to Compur? back in the 80's when I was in the business, but I have no idea where you'd find them today. As mentioned its a tenuous fit at best & there's the risk of cross threading, or worse snapping the tip off inside. Basically you need to find the old cloth covered non tapered threaded cable release.Unfortunately its completely obsolete as far as I know.