C&C First Website Please

jean_henderson

<p>Hi Everyone,</p>

<p>I haven't posted in quite a long while, but have been around to keep up to date. I have finally gotten around to putting up a site of my own through the zenfolio 2 week trial.</p>

<p>http://jeanhenderson.zenfolio.com/</p>

<p>Setting this up at this time has been my goal for several months. I am still in my trial period and plan only to purchase the $25 plan for this year. It is all part of my plan to build an audience for my work. While I have trouble with the term "fine art photography," art is what it is all about for me as well as having fun. I have a rather contemplative approach to my images in that I wait until something grabs my attention, then I become a hunter. <br /> <br /> My immediate target audience is that segment of the local community that is interested in art and in photography in particular. I have listed several venues that I will seek out for showing my work. While my income is slight (Social Security Disability) I live simply; therefore I have the luxury of not having to earn an income from my efforts. (Besides, the stress of shooting for a particular goal in front of people causes me to freeze, a by-product of my disability.) Because I am reaching out only locally, I have attempted to "localize" myself as well. <br /> <br /> The local community consists of one campus of the state university system; a branch of a state junior college; and the University of Connecticut just 12 minutes away. Given this, there is more than your usual share of interest in art for a small community. It is a decent springboard.<br /> <br /> I seek to use the site by referencing it on an "artist card" (otherwise considered a business card) and to others as I meet them. I don't have a cell phone so something like carrying my portfolio around on one is out of the question.<br /> <br /> Perhaps it is asking too much, but, if you would kindly take a minute or two to let me know what you like about my work and what you don't like (and why, of course), I would truly appreciate learning from all of you.</p>

<p>Thanks so much in advance!</p>

<p>Jean</p>