Buying Monico Optix DTP94 but need the software

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying this Monaco Optis DTP94 sensor off ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290256985284

But this model has been discontinued, and the auction does not include the software. This unit has gotten many

great reviews and I've used it before, but is it useless to me if I don't have the software? Is there a way to

download it for free? I didn't see it on X-Rite's website.

What advantages does the Monaco Optix "XR Pro" offer? I use a 23" apple cinema display (the newer one) and a 13"

macbook, soon to be upgraded to a 15 Macbook Pro.

Thanks

no real need for a colorimeter for any laptop alone. It would be a nice addition for your 23 apple for sure.

theres another software that you can use with the monaco and the 23 apple, dont recall the name now (ask Ellis he have it) but i think it cost 200$US or more...

But for that price you can also buy a brand new spider3 pro that work as the monaco and the eye1pro (i tested all of them and get similar result)

I've been having trouble finding current reviews on monitor calibrators. I'll buy the ebay one if it's affordable and I've used it before and liked it, otherwise I'll buy a new one.

Does anyone have a good review link for the spyder 3, the eye one display 2, and other current models? Or recommendations. I don't want to profile papers or cameras, only monitors, and my budget is under $250.00.

Thanks

i dont have a link to offer, but base on my own experience i could say that the monaco, spider3 or the eye1pro are equal in quality, having tested them personally on my Imac24inch and my MacPro with a Apple Cinema Display.

I work all week long for pro photographer with photoshop and calibrated monitor is the most important thing for me as all my final retouching goes to print, inkjet or commercial cmyk.

i would without a doubt recommended any of those 3 colorimeter.