Buying Fuji GSW690

gary_rowlands

I currently use a Fuji GW690 and have been very pleased with it.

I am considering the imminent purchase of the wide angle version but I only know one photographer that has one and he tells me he uses the GW690 90% of the time and rarely uses the GSW690.

<p>

Is there anybody who can recommend the GSW? Any problems?

<p>

Gary

I got a GSW690 III about 6 months ago after having owned a GW690 II for 5 years. I like them both, though the shutter seems to drag about 1/4 to 1/2 stop (consistently) at the 1/60 sec setting on both cameras. Since this is a consistent error it is easily accomodated for. I find that I'm using the GSW more than the GW these days, which is probably due to the facts that (1) I am trying to include more foreground in my photos and (2) the GSW is relatively new to me, so there are many views that I have not yet photographed with it.

I use a GSW regularly, but how useful it will be depends on what you are shooting. Right now, I am doing a lot of work inside small cathedrals, and it is able to capture a lot in one photograph.

<p>

The lens and hood do intrude into the field of view, but I have been able to get used to this. More annoying is a problem that also exists with the GW - exposures longer than one second are a real pain due to the way the T setting works. About 90% of my exposures are longer than 1 second, and I find this quite annoying.